The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines
The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines is considered to be the industry bible for communication design and illustration professionals. The current edition continues the tradition with new information, listings and pricing guidelines. It addresses legal rights and issues such as how copyright laws affect the income and work of graphic artists. It also provides tips on how to negotiate the best deals, pricing guidelines, and includes sample contracts.
“Highly recommend this latest edition of the Guild Handbook, especially for freelancers starting their own business. Lots of information about contracts, pricing and working with clients. Sample contract forms are great starting point for developing your own documents.”
— A. Beason, Tennessee, USA
With new information, new listings and current pricing guidelines — this is the resource that addresses virtually every question.
• Updated pricing guidelines.
• Chapters on digital media and web design keep you current.
• Guidelines on ethical and professional standards.
• Understand your legal rights, what legislation affects your work life and how copyright laws affect your income and work
• Negotiate the best deals with tips on how to position yourself and up-to-date pricing guidelines.
• Use sample contracts so you don’t have to make up the fine print yourself, and know you’ll be covered.
For design and illustration professionals, there is no more comprehensive and informative resource
“The key to good business practices is to incorporate what you read in this 13th edition into your day-to-day business and career life.”
— Maria Piscopo, Creative Services Consultant and Author
Members receive the printed edition of the Handbook as a benefit of membership and are also invited to attend our members-only webinars on applying the Handbook to your business. The webinar is scheduled periodically so that Guild staff can acquaint you with the wealth of information contained within the Handbook and field your questions.
Order the Print Version of the Handbook
OR to Purchase the Digital Version:
Follow this link for information about purchasing the digital Primer Series.
Not sure what gift to give the creative entrepreneur in your life?
How about the gift of community and business advice from the Graphic Artists Guild.
The recipient of the Gift Certificate can choose from:
- an archived or upcoming webinar from the Guild's Webinar Series
- the purchase of the printed edition of the industry Bible, The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines.
- or they can join our community by becoming a member
Whatever their choice, they will have a gift they love and you'll have their eternal gratitude.
Purchase a Graphic Artists Guild Gift Certificate, today!
Want to include a pretty gift certificate you can print out and send?
Contact the Guild Office at:
or (212) 791-3400.
We'll forward you a PDF you can print.
See the Webinar
Applying “The Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines” to Your Everyday Business
Guild Member Exclusive
Guild members receive a print edition of the Handbook and access to the webinar as part of their membership.
Presented by: Patricia McKiernan,
Past Executive Director,
Graphic Artists Guild
Join the Guild to take advantage of the many benefits of being a Guild member.